Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Catching up

Well, it's been way too long since I blogged last, so I thought I'd take some time to catch you all up on the going's on of the Price house.

Levi was a cowboy for Halloween and we went to church for a costume party, games, hay ride, etc. He had fun and looked really cute. I'll get pictures up at some point... camera issues. For Thanksgiving we had some of our staff from church and some college students come over for lunch. All of us were kind of "homeless" for the holiday and it worked out really well for us to be able to host Thanksgiving dinner. It's such a blessing to have a home that is more conducive to having company.

We joined the YMCA last week so it's been nice getting to work out again. Of course, I'm seriously sore but I remember the end result and boy am I ready for that! Slipping on my clothes instead of stuffing myself inside them! :) Levi gets to do tumbling once a week and this last Tuesday was his first day. I think he'll really like it once he gets the hang of it. I did a lot of redirecting but he did well. Hopefully, I'll get to take some pictures once he doesn't need me so much.

It's been fun talking about and planning for Christmas this year with Levi being older and able to understand and talk about Jesus' birthday. We're looking forward to Christmas morning with little man and beginning our own family traditions. He's so much fun right now, two year old fits and all. We'll drive to Texas after Christmas to be with my immediate and extended family. We've not all been together at my Granny and Papaw's house since before Levi was born and it's such a special place for me. I am looking forward to it more than I can say....

Well, I'm certain I'll have pictures up after Christmas. I hope that all of you know that, regardless of circumstances, we are all so very blessed, and I pray that we can truly enjoy the fact that it's during this time of the year where most people might actually think of Jesus the Christ. Christmas always brings tears to my eyes and a knot to my throat because no matter what one's belief, people can't deny the CHRIST in Christmas and hopefully God's word can be proclaimed again even unto those not looking for it. For example, we went downtown this last Saturday night to the courthouse lighting. We had been told about it and wanted to experience it for ourselves. To our amazement, the narrator began reading the Christmas story straight from Scripture with Christmas hymns being sung intermixed with the reading. I could tell the lady standing near me was not amused but it didn't matter. God's word was being proclaimed not in a church building, but right there on government property! I found myself praying that His word would not come back void and that those people would be able to truly experience the Christ.

We love you and miss you all... May this Christmas hold many wonderful memories for you and your family and may we all truly experience Jesus as we give Christmas back to Him.

2 comments:

Gretchen Magruder said...

Sounds like things are going so well for you!! I'm excited for your trip to Texas - - those are important memories and traditions to get to share with Levi!! We love you!

Jarretts said...

Preparing for Christmas has been so much fun with Jackson this year. So I really hear you on that one. We are continually talking about it being Jesus birthday and decorating for his big day and everything we do ties back to it. Our library has some really good nativity Christmas books that he has really been enjoying too! Enjoy all the fun of CHRISTmas and be safe traveling!