Thursday, September 11, 2008

Close Encounters of the Stinky Kind

Episode #1:

11:00pm at night... I let Jasmine out to go potty before we head to bed but instead of going potty she darts out into the bushes at the edge of our rock yard which of course is open to the prairie behind us... I run out in my night gown yelling at her to stop which of course she doesn't and I can't exactly chase after her because I have no shoes on. Levi can run across the rocks with no shoes, but I, however, can not. So I stand there screaming her name to come back. And then... she turns toward me kind of stunned and coughing and I see something large running away... yes, a skunk! I'm furious and grab her holding her away from me to take her in to give her an immediate bath. Yuck, did she ever STINK! And we sleep with the windows open so now our house stinks, too. Thankfully, I don't think she got a full shot of whatever the skunk was firing because I was able to bathe her and get the smell out right away. Oh my goodness.

Episode #2:

Today I took Levi to the library for the first time for their Toddler story time and to get a library card and check out some books. It was great! We had a good time together. So on the way home I stopped to get gas. It was kind of an unusual "gas getting" time because I had to back in because all the other cars were blocking the entrance to my pump and then a man asked my help in reading the instructions at his pump. So it took me a few minutes to get mine going and I don't know if I was distracted or the pump was at fault but when the nozzle clicked to tell me it was finished filling my tank, I went to take it out and it shot out gasoline all over me! I was stunned and needless to say STINKY! I went to the cashier and asked for some paper towels meanwhile wondering what the heck had just happened. I seriously have never had that happen to me before and I hope never again. I came directly home and got in the bathtub but still can smell gasoline....

oh well, what are ya gonna do?..... hope you get some chuckles... :)

1 comment:

Gretchen Magruder said...

oh my goodness!! I laughed, but oh, the hassle of getting the stink out of your house!!