Saturday, September 27, 2008

O Where O Where Have Our Antelope Gone?

(Sung to the tune of "O Where O Where Has My Little Dog Gone?")

O where o where have our antelope gone
O where o where can they be?
With their bright white markings
And long black horns
O where o where can they be?

Since my parents left on September 5th, we have seen no more antelope in our backyard. It is quite sad actually, for they have been here since we moved in on May 30th. It's funny how you get used to things and since they've been gone, I have realized how much they kept me company and how comforted I have been having them nearby. It was like I wasn't alone out here in this vast land of prairies and mountains. The cattle haven't been back either, but this very morning a herd of them moved through. I kept hearing weird growling sounds and I thought it was a new dog in the neighborhood or something. And then I looked out the window and there they were. They grazed through pretty quickly but it made me smile as I watched them. It seems such a simple silly thing, and I realize there's less to eat as the seasons change and that migratory patterns play a part. And it's not really as if they were our antelope or our cattle, but it sort of felt that way. As if they knew we were here and came to visit us.

Things are changing. The season, Levi, me, Jason, even Jasmine has gotten fatter. :) So I find myself grieving again for those I love and miss so dearly, not because I'm unhappy or regret our new journey. But just because sometimes my heart just aches for what once was. And I have to rely on the Lord to be my comfort. Everything changes. But He always stays the same. And I am so very thankful....

No comments: